|Platform:||PHP and MySQL|
|Author:||Acmlm, Emuz, Blades, Xkeeper, et al|
|License:||None Provided (legally, this merely means all standard copyright restrictions are effective)|
Acmlmboard is an internet forum system created in PHP, using MySQL as a storage system. Many bugs have been patched in the latest version (1.92.999). It has a lot of somewhat unusual features compared to the average internet forum.
Acmlmboard was mostly coded around an RPG-style system; there are several mostly-unique features, such as:
- Based on EXP/Levels from RPGs, experience is gained over time and through posting, making it an easy way to tell how long and how active a user is.
- Status images
- Several status images (such as status.php) show various RPG-style stats, in addition to the experience/levels above. There are other images of the same style that can also predict when a user will reach a certain level.
- Post Layouts
- One of the unique features of Acmlmboard is this. A post can be surrounded by HTML tags to give it a special look among other posts, such as special text formatting or a background, or much more complicated designs involving extensive use of HTML tables or CSS.
- Standard attachment feature found on many other boards
The latest version of Acmlmboard is 2.0 (updated February 29, 2007). The most recent publically available version is v1.92.
- Until mid-2005, this was the only public version of the software. It had many of the above features.
- v1.92 (prior to 08-14-04)
- This version had some holes (though not many) patched, and was not intended for release.
- v1.A3 (05-20-05)
- An updated version with many severe holes patched, but many other holes unpatched. Introduced RSS feeds to the board, multi-PM selecting, e-mail verification on registration, and a board configuration panel. It also contained a 'punishment panel,' a feature intended to keep track of users' rule-breaking.
- v1.92.08 (12-06-05)
- This version was a rollback to 1.92, in favor of the original coding style and removal of many useless, badly-coded features. This had most holes patched and introduced a major change -- turning on magic_quotes_gpc at runtime. It was also the first version to include noticeably-cleaner code styles, although these were still mixed in with the original code.
- v1.92.900000001 (02-14-06)
- An arbitrary number of zeroes were appended for added effect. Attachments were added, as was avatar-uploading.
- v1.92.997 (6-26-06)
- Added collapsible forums, and Template:notes
- v1.92.999 (9-17-06)
- New skype name field, fixes to the board's IRC client, ability to send copies of a PM to 5 people at once. Also readded the client to the headlinks.
- v2.0alpha1 (xx-xx-07)
- The latest development version, as gone public with the fourth incarnation. A clean recode, but still missing some features from the previous ones.
 Future plans
- Bring back post layouts and a few other crucial features of the 1.x series. Cleanups.